UGC NET Exam conducted by National Testing Agengy (NTA) is a national level examination that is held twice a year- June and December to select aspiring candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in Indian colleges and universities. Those students who want to pursue Ph.d after their masters can also give this exam for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). It is a computer based examination (CBT).
Earlier the responsibility to conduct this exam was with CBSE but since December 2018 onwards UGC NET is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). For Current Updates On Date Of UGC EXAM Go to this link CLICK HERE
ELIGIBILITY FOR UGC NET EXAM
Candidates have to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible to give UGC NET exam.
1. Although there is no specific age limit criteria for UGC NET aspirants those who have applied only for Assistant professor.
But if you have applied for JRF then, your age should be not more than 30 years on the first date of the month in which the JRF Exam is scheduled to be held.
2. Candidates should have a master's degree with minimum 55% marks from recognised university.
However students those are in final year of their master's or waiting for their results are also eligible to apply for UGC NET provided that such candidates must complete their post graduation within 2 years from declaration of UGC NET result.
EXAM PATTERN OF UGC NET EXAM
UGC NET exam will have 2 papers and both the papers will be objective type.
· *The questions asked in paper 1 will be general in nature. These questions will intend to check the teaching/research aptitude of the candidates.
· * This paper is common for all candidates.
· * 50 questions of 2 marks each will be asked
· ( 50 ques × 2 marks each = 100 marks)
· * There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer.
SYLLABUS FOR UGC NET PAPER 1
There are 10 units
Unit 1: Teaching aptitude
Unit 2: Research aptitude
Unit 3: Comprehension
Unit 4: Communication
Unit 5: Mathematical reasoning and aptitude
Unit 6: Logical reasoning
Unit 7: Data interpretation
Unit 8: Information and communication technology ( ICT)
Unit 9: People, development and environment
Unit 10: Higher education system
For comprehensive detail of UGC NET paper 1 syllabus visit official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in
· BEST BOOKS FOR CRACKING UGC NET PAPER 1
1. Trueman's UGC NET/SET General Paper I: Teaching and Research Aptitude
2. UGC NET/JRF/SET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude by Arihant Experts.
3. Paper 1: Teaching and Research Aptitude by KVS Madaan .
Note: Previous year papers and mock tests will help you to prepare well and crack this exam.
* Paper 2 will be based on the subject selected by the candidate while filling their application form.
* Candidates will have to select from among 81 subjects and the subject selected by them for paper 2 should be the same subject opted by them for their post graduation.
* 100 questions of 2 marks each will be asked.
( 100 ques × 2 marks each = 200 marks)
* There will not be any negative marking for incorrect answer.
Here we are giving a detailed explanation of
UGC NET PAPER 2 COMMERCE
If you have done your post graduation in commerce and aspire to pursue a career in lecturarship or go for JRF for pursuing PH.D, then definitely UGC NET is made for you.
SYLLABUS FOR UGC NET COMMERCE PAPER-2
There will be 10 units :-
Unit 1: Business environment and international business
Unit 2: Accounts and auditing
Unit 3: Business economics
Unit 4: Business finance
Unit 5: Business statistics and research methods
Unit 6: Business management and human resource management
Unit 7: Banking and financial institutions
Unit 8: Marketing management
Unit 9: Legal aspect of business
Unit 10: Income tax and corporate tax planning
BEST BOOKS TO CRACK UGC NET COMMERCE PAPER 2
1. Trueman's UGC NET/SET PAPER 2 COMMERCE
2. UGC NET/JRF/SET General Paper-2 COMMERCE by Arihant Experts.
3. R GUPTA'S COMMERCE NET guide
However it is important to note here that you should have deep understanding of all the 10 units and conceptual clarity to be able to crack UGC NET COMMERCE PAPER 2
Note: previous year papers and mock tests will help you to prepare well and crack this exam.